One of our Electives from the first week here at PHC was “Making a Blog” – students got the opportunity to create a blog and write their own blog posts. We decided to have a competition for the 2 best blog posts, which would both go onto the official CAE at PHC website! So here you are – the best blog posts from the Blog Elective (well done girls!)
Tips for a perfect stay in Princess Helena College
– by Lena and Rachel
Welcome to PHC, we hope that you will have an amazing stay here, and you will have it, because it is a huge college with a big garden, a swimming pool, so you will have a lot of fun!
- Things that you must not forget:
– Some sport wear: There are lots of sports activities, you’ll love them!
– Pocket money: You have some free time, so you can go shopping to spend your hard earned cash.
– Lots of socks: You can put your clothes in the laundry but maybe the socks will be lost forever…
– Some chill clothes: it’s really cool to have something comfortable to wear, make yourself look the part!
- How to be with the other students:
– Keep that smile!
– Don’t be mad if someone doesn’t understand what you say, just repeat it slowly and then start shouting… (a recommendation from my English teacher!)
- Worried things:
Excursions – by Jane (Zhenya) and Vika
On Tuesday we were in Hitchin at first time. When we arrived to the city we went to fair to by something what we want. All of as bought a lot of sweets for a very good value. So, we had 45 minutes. Then we had to by some clothes for our fashion show. But we had only 10 pounds. It was very difficult but we did it. After that we had free time when we were walking with our friends, eating and taking some photos. In the end of our advantage we came back to our camp.
Cambridge is situated about 50 mile north-by-east of London. On Friday we went to Cambridge. We spent amazing day in this town. At first our teachers shared out us into 8 groups and then we went to the excursion.For this day we had a 1 task: all children shoud take one photo of the best thing and one photo of the worst thing about this town. Then we had a lot of free time to buy some souvenirs, and walked with our friends. Finally, we had punting. It was really fantastic.